Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am behind in class

Not so much in doing the actual homework, but in blogging about it. So you'll see a flurry of posts as I catch up.

Topic for this post? Social bookmarking...

So I signed up for del.icio.us. I really like making portable bookmarks. The only drawback I see is that you can't always use the downloaded browser buttongs in a workplace, networked system where nothing can be downloaded without administrator privileges, but at least you can still type in the address as you find things.

I'm curious about folksonomies and how people tag--and how it can interact with actual library catalogues. I like the feature too that shows how many people bookmarked a site. I'm surprised only 12 have marked our class wiki, for example. :)

I can definitely see it as useful as a custom bibliography/research suggestion sheet that libraries can put up on various topics, too.

No comments: